Thursday, August 25, 2016

not a scrap get's wasted...

Remember these little pieces of wood that I used to make legs for my sideboard? ( of course you do, it was my last post! ;) )



Well after that project, I was left with a few of these...


'ello!
Do you see what I'm seeing in this? Of course you do: it's a perfect door wedge!
Which is great, since I really needed a few.

So, some sanding ensued...



Okay.. that actually kind should have been the end of this craft.. I mean.. what else does a door wedge need?
Well, while I knew this was never going to be the craft to blow you all jointly of your socks, even I, with my profound love for basic design, thought that this was a little too little.

So I stormed upstairs, scaring the beejeezus out of Inky in the process, and started working through my fabric stash until I found what I was looking for: a small piece of a leather, the last piece of an old leather belt.

So, I grabbed my trusty (but not rusty) drill, folded the leather in a loop, and srewed in to the back end of the doorwedge.

screw that!
Voila!!



Easy peasy hmm?

I know, it's not the most exciting thing in the world, but since our previous door stop was a big bucket of paint, which caused Joost, me and the cats to make acrobatic tumbles everytime we forgot about that thing standing there, I think it's quite an improvement ;)

And with the amazing weather of the last days, we used it an awful lot, letting the summer breezes into the house, while we..

well...

awful life! ( okay it wasn't all like that, I have to admit..) 

next post will be better, promised! 
Meanwhile, have you been up to any crafty mischief? 

4 comments:

  1. Been following your blog for a while now and just wanted to let you know I love your stories and creativity; keep up the good work!

    Groetjes,
    A fellow Dutchie with a bf named Joost :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah! thanks!!

      those are the best kind of boyfriend you can get, I've been told! ;)

      I'm happy to hear that you like the blog ( and also to have a fellow Dutchie around here. haha!!)
      hugs!

      Delete
  2. Love the added leather. Gives it a little pop and made me giggle.
    I don't need my socks to fly off all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, phew! glad you didn't mind the non-flying socks;)

      Glad you like it!

      hugs

      Delete